Introduce yourself!

Home of the toughest football in Texas
Bonecrusher
Donating Member 16/17

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Bonecrusher » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:16 pm

That's true. The last few years have been really good for the football program, but I'm told by the locals that B'ville has been/is still known as a baseball school.
Nothing against baseball, but I'd like to see that reputation swing over to football. :D

Rattler44

Postby Rattler44 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Lifelong Texan here, 56 long years. We moved to Tolar in 2002 with our youngest son, Cory, but I had lost interest in high school football because of the disparity between the oldest and youngest son's ages, 14 years, and just being very busy. My interest was re-kindled with his very first carry as RB against Hico when he was in the 7th grade, 82 yard TD run. I've been hooked ever since then. Even though he graduated last year I plan on making as many games as possible, all of them if I can. This looks like a great forum and I'm happy that I can participate. Thanks.

A1 EAGLE
Donating Member 16/17

Postby A1 EAGLE » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Rattler44 wrote:Lifelong Texan here, 56 long years. We moved to Tolar in 2002 with our youngest son, Cory, but I had lost interest in high school football because of the disparity between the oldest and youngest son's ages, 14 years, and just being very busy. My interest was re-kindled with his very first carry as RB against Hico when he was in the 7th grade, 82 yard TD run. I've been hooked ever since then. Even though he graduated last year I plan on making as many games as possible, all of them if I can. This looks like a great forum and I'm happy that I can participate. Thanks.

Welcome to the site.

Rattler44

Postby Rattler44 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Thanks very much!

Ron Burgundy

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:38 am

Figured I'd join in finally after graduating, been a huge fan of the boards and loved to read them as weeks went on! Just graduated from Falls City and played QB WR and CB for the past 3 years there! (Starting on Varsity that is) Have a huge passion for the game and plenty of knowledge to spread as well ;)
“You can have the best game plan you want, but when it comes down to it, you have to make the play,” said Gaskamp, who also had two TD catches. “We made them when they counted.”

No Quarter

Cottontop

Postby Cottontop » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:52 am

Welcome to the site Ron. Enjoy yourself.

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:58 am

should make beavergal feel at home having another FC person here.
Gone from the the state but still keeping tabs on the place I covered for over a quaerter-century.

Ron Burgundy

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:56 am

Gotta love the support from the Beaver Nation ;)
“You can have the best game plan you want, but when it comes down to it, you have to make the play,” said Gaskamp, who also had two TD catches. “We made them when they counted.”

No Quarter

claw22

Postby claw22 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:45 am

Name is Brian Holtzclaw grew up playing in Goldthwaite for Proffitt and Spradley. Nothing better than watching small town football. Live in Burnet just bought season tickets to the Bulldogs. Having a hard time swallowing the green and white when you were raised black and gold. Go Eagles and Go Dogs.

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:52 am

I remember that name all too well against the purple and gold of San Saba. Welcome to the board.
Gone from the the state but still keeping tabs on the place I covered for over a quaerter-century.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:42 am

Postby LLion22 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:33 am

Just a HS football fan from the Austin area that enjoys watching and following the small schools (2A, 3A, and some 4A) more than the mostly larger ones I have around here. There's just a feel of community and for lack of a better term, esprit de corps, I get when attending small town football games. The city teams just cannot replicate this. I see some good football from Austin area teams (Cedar Park's district, Lake Travis etc), but there's something the small schools have that is special, at least for me.

I usually pick the best game in my area every Friday night and go to that one. Then in the playoffs, I usually can start picking up some good 2A-4A playoff games in the Austin metro area. But, I occasionally make a road trip for a special regular season game. Attended the Yoe @ Refugio game and it was well worth the 3 hour trip. Would have loved to returned for the Shiner @ Refugio, but just a little much for regular season. Also wanting to see Mart, but haven't seen them yet. I try to latch on to a team during the playoffs and follow them until they are eliminated or end up at Jerry's world. If that team is knocked out, I pick up my #2 "want-to-see" team and start following them. Been to Jerry's world the last two years for the championships and it has been a blast.

I think I saw this board referred to on the another site, so thought I'd take a look.
Defense wins Championships!

ds8503

Postby ds8503 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:10 am

RazorbackinRotan wrote:Let us know a little about you!

I have actually been coming onto this site since back around 2003-04. I always check it and love what you guys do for small school football. Grew up a Crosbyton Chieftain, which is primarily not known for its football in their past. We have maybe had 6 or 7 playoff runs ever, never too deep. Never the less always will be a Chieftain! Graduated there about 12 years ago. Still have siblings and family members that play and love to support them no matter what!

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:25 am

Welcome DS8503!!!

Football Face
Donating Member 16/17

Postby Football Face » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Im just an old football fan. I love football at all levels. My pro team is the Cowboys (ouch but getting better), my college team is the Longhorns(ouch but getting better also), and I love all highschool football as long as its a good game. Been around a bit when I was younger. Hamilton ( no not my team ) lol, Meridian, Houston, Florida, just to name a few. Im a christian, family man, for whatever thats worth. So God Bless and good luck to all .

Cottontop

Postby Cottontop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:16 am

Welcome to the site Football Face. Hope you stay awhile. Up at 3:33 in the morning. Hhhhmmmmmm.

Football Face
Donating Member 16/17

Postby Football Face » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:07 am

I havent been up at 3:30 in the morning since I had kids. Oh wait a minute , I didnt get up then either. lol. PM means afternoon right?

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:56 am

Football Face wrote:I havent been up at 3:30 in the morning since I had kids. Oh wait a minute , I didnt get up then either. lol. PM means afternoon right?

Please forgive Cottontop he was on retreat this past weekend and is a bit sleep deprived. At least that is the excuse I am using for him since I know I still have not recovered from the lack of sleep while on retreat!!!

Football Face
Donating Member 16/17

Postby Football Face » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
Football Face wrote:I havent been up at 3:30 in the morning since I had kids. Oh wait a minute , I didnt get up then either. lol. PM means afternoon right?

Please forgive Cottontop he was on retreat this past weekend and is a bit sleep deprived. At least that is the excuse I am using for him since I know I still have not recovered from the lack of sleep while on retreat!!!

~O) (time for starbucks)

Cottontop

Postby Cottontop » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:48 am

No I really think it was the fact that my coffee was still brewing. Still, welcome to the site, you might just fit in.

cousineddy

Postby cousineddy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Been stalking this site for a while, thought I would join...

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Welcome!

Fan4life

Postby Fan4life » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:10 am

Y'all would be shocked..... Love small schools and underdogs ... Lol ... Have 4 children the last 2 are Sr and Jr. Haven't been in school sports but about 5 years older 2 kids went to college on full ride Rodeo scholarships. Always loved football on a pro level and was a Oiler fan until then a Bronco fan. We play lots of football and golf around here.

Cottontop

Postby Cottontop » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Welcome aboard Fan4life. Enjoy the stay!!!

Fan4life

Postby Fan4life » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:41 pm

Cottontop wrote:Welcome aboard Fan4life. Enjoy the stay!!!

Thank ya

Falcon4life96

Postby Falcon4life96 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Been following a couple years now. I am a 1996 grad from Fannindel. My whole family is actually, all the way back to the Ladonia Rattler days. Been in Wolfe City last 18 years. My oldest graduated last year and is playing football at Howard Payne and my youngest is a Freshman at Wolfe City starting on the O & D line

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:39 am

Falcon4life96 wrote:Been following a couple years now. I am a 1996 grad from Fannindel. My whole family is actually, all the way back to the Ladonia Rattler days. Been in Wolfe City last 18 years. My oldest graduated last year and is playing football at Howard Payne and my youngest is a Freshman at Wolfe City starting on the O & D line

Welcome aboard Falcon4life96 - I remember LF as they played our district opponent Petrolia in the second round of the playoffs in 2001 in a tough loss 27-20.

Falcon4life96

Postby Falcon4life96 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
Falcon4life96 wrote:Been following a couple years now. I am a 1996 grad from Fannindel. My whole family is actually, all the way back to the Ladonia Rattler days. Been in Wolfe City last 18 years. My oldest graduated last year and is playing football at Howard Payne and my youngest is a Freshman at Wolfe City starting on the O & D line

Welcome aboard Falcon4life96 - I remember LF as they played our district opponent Petrolia in the second round of the playoffs in 2001 in a tough loss 27-20.

Yes that was the last good 11man team we had. Fannindel is now 6 man

WTFM

Postby WTFM » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:45 pm

I graduated from Roscoe and am now a coach in a West Texas town near you. In my younger, arrogant days, I spent may of days on this board, often ending in me eating crow. I have grown up and matured since then. I used to go by the name westexasfootballman, hence the WTFM.

WTFM

Postby WTFM » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:45 pm

I graduated from Roscoe and am now a coach in a West Texas town near you. In my younger, arrogant days, I spent may of days on this board, often ending in me eating crow. I have grown up and matured since then. I used to go by the name westexasfootballman, hence the WTFM.

Cottontop

Postby Cottontop » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:13 am

Welcome back home WTFM. Happy your back and enjoy yourself.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:57 am

Cottontop wrote:Welcome back home WTFM. Happy your back and enjoy yourself.
:-bd

WesTexasGuy

Postby WesTexasGuy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Graduated from Harper many moons ago ('08 ) and used to post on here under another name but I have since matured and done some growing up. Excited to be back on the site.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:17 am

WesTexasGuy wrote:Graduated from Harper many moons ago ('08 ) and used to post on here under another name but I have since matured and done some growing up. Excited to be back on the site.

Welcome back - glad to have you.

BOLDGOLD

Postby BOLDGOLD » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:24 pm

Hello from Post tx. Im new here. Lived here all my life and a former Antelope myself. I got 2 boys playing for the Bold Gold and can't wait for Football to start

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:44 pm

Welcome aboard BOLDGOLD!

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Welcome to oldest and longest surviving Texas Football message board.
Defense wins Championships!

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Welcome BoldGold... Looking forward to some great football... Best wishes to you and your boys...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Postby PurplePunch » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Raised in south Texas, graduated from UT in 1971, so I got to see some pretty good football. Teacher/coach, AD, school administration. Raised 2 sons who were athletes, and now I enjoy watching my 5 grandsons play. Absolutely nothing like small towns that love their sports teams.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:24 am

PurplePunch wrote:Raised in south Texas, graduated from UT in 1971, so I got to see some pretty good football. Teacher/coach, AD, school administration. Raised 2 sons who were athletes, and now I enjoy watching my 5 grandsons play. Absolutely nothing like small towns that love their sports teams.

Welcome PurplePunch - glad you joined us.

Panthernation

Postby Panthernation » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Raised in Waco and moved to Mart. I thought watching the bigger schools was fun, but boy was I wrong. Moving to Mart showed me that the ONLY thing on Friday night is high school football. I'm loving it more and more every year as my 3 boys are growing up in Mart. My oldest is a senior this year (and plays for Mart) and i have 11 year old twin boys that are eager to follow in their big brothers footsteps.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Panthernation wrote:Raised in Waco and moved to Mart. I thought watching the bigger schools was fun, but boy was I wrong. Moving to Mart showed me that the ONLY thing on Friday night is high school football. I'm loving it more and more every year as my 3 boys are growing up in Mart. My oldest is a senior this year (and plays for Mart) and i have 11 year old twin boys that are eager to follow in their big brothers footsteps.

Welcome Panthernation, glad to have you here supporting the Panthers.

Warhawk

Postby Warhawk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:21 am

Hello everyone..new to the site but I've been watching this site for a little over a year now and finally decided to join. I graduated from Hawley High School (class of 09) and played football for the Bearcats. I continue to follow high school football very closely..mainly Hawley but also Jim-Ned because of my wife. Recently left the Air Force and going to school to get my teaching certificate. I love high school football and really love to talk about it.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:14 am

Warhawk wrote:Hello everyone..new to the site but I've been watching this site for a little over a year now and finally decided to join. I graduated from Hawley High School (class of 09) and played football for the Bearcats. I continue to follow high school football very closely..mainly Hawley but also Jim-Ned because of my wife. Recently left the Air Force and going to school to get my teaching certificate. I love high school football and really love to talk about it.

Welcome Warhawk, made yourself at home!!

dcfl26

Postby dcfl26 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Just a semi-old man who loves the game with all my heart, started reading the site in the early summer of 2015 after our youngest Son was hired to coach and teach at a 2AD2 Texas HS. Enjoy learning about the history and current status of teams around the state. I appreciate the mature perspective and passion of the forum members. God Bless America and Texas!

Cottontop

Postby Cottontop » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:24 am

Welcome dcfl26. Hope you enjoy being a part of Texas Football oldest surviving message board.

Bvc2001

Postby Bvc2001 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:53 am

Hello, just found the board a few weeks back decided to sign up. Grew up in Gunter thru the 10th grade. State in baseball but we regulary missed the playoffs in football with Celina and Pilot Point in our district. Moved out to Hamlin junior year graduated 01 and thoroughly enjoyed beating up on our old 8-2a district. Anson, Hawley, Haskell and Stamford. Have a 7th grade son who plays all sports so excited to get back into following Hamlin more closely. My 3 girls arent far behind so the next 8 years will envolve a lot of Hamlin athletics!

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Bvc2001 wrote:Hello, just found the board a few weeks back decided to sign up. Grew up in Gunter thru the 10th grade. State in baseball but we regulary missed the playoffs in football with Celina and Pilot Point in our district. Moved out to Hamlin junior year graduated 01 and thoroughly enjoyed beating up on our old 8-2a district. Anson, Hawley, Haskell and Stamford. Have a 7th grade son who plays all sports so excited to get back into following Hamlin more closely. My 3 girls arent far behind so the next 8 years will envolve a lot of Hamlin athletics!

Welcome BVC2001, make yourself at home. Glad to have you.

Mowdy Ag

Postby Mowdy Ag » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:58 pm

Born and raised in Refugio during the town's heyday (population was ~5400 then). My claim to fame is being born in the same room as Nolan Ryan - whoohoo! Attended the Bobcats' first state final (we were 3A when 4A was top classification) vs Lubbock Estacado in '68 as a freshman in HS - yeah, I'm old. ...been a HS football fan ever since. I moved away from Refugio many years ago but I've been fortunate enough to attend seven of their eight finals and all four of the wins. Attended and graduated A&M during the Bellard years so saw some pretty good football there too. Still follow the Aggies with a sense of optimism (at least early each season). Wife (another Refugio alum) and both kids graduated from A&M along with the in-laws and their daughter so we have a maroon tint around here. Spent a career with two oil & gas majors in Corpus, New Orleans, and Houston. Love to hunt and fish. Now retired and hoping to move from the Houston area to the hill country soon.

Really like this site and the way the mods handle things.

MA

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Mowdy Ag wrote:Born and raised in Refugio during the town's heyday (population was ~5400 then). My claim to fame is being born in the same room as Nolan Ryan - whoohoo! Attended the Bobcats' first state final (we were 3A when 4A was top classification) vs Lubbock Estacado in '68 as a freshman in HS - yeah, I'm old. ...been a HS football fan ever since. I moved away from Refugio many years ago but I've been fortunate enough to attend seven of their eight finals and all four of the wins. Attended and graduated A&M during the Bellard years so saw some pretty good football there too. Still follow the Aggies with a sense of optimism (at least early each season). Wife (another Refugio alum) and both kids graduated from A&M along with the in-laws and their daughter so we have a maroon tint around here. Spent a career with two oil & gas majors in Corpus, New Orleans, and Houston. Love to hunt and fish. Now retired and hoping to move from the Houston area to the hill country soon.

Really like this site and the way the mods handle things.

MA
Welcome MA!

mopar_nocar

Postby mopar_nocar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:48 am

Howdy,

20 yr veteran of coaching at all levels JH to 5a. The last 6yrs as a 2a asst/DC in Region IV 2a. Been reading here the whole time, finally signed up. Just thought I would say hello.

Return to “2A Texas Football”