2016 TGCA Softball Poll..2/23/2016.

Ladies with bats, any questions??
Bearcat77

2016 TGCA Softball Poll..2/23/2016.

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:53 am

2016 Texas Girls Coaches Association Softball Poll (February 23, 2016)

Class 2A

1. Shiner
2. Harleton
3. Hawley
4. Bosqueville
5. Weimar
6. Ralls
7. Benavides
8. Forsan
9. Trenton
10. Grapeland
Also- Archer City, Cayuga and Harper

http://www.austintgca.com/softball/polls.html

WindthorstDad

Re: 2016 TGCA Softball Poll..2/23/2016.

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:01 am

Interesting, but these early polls are usually based off last year's finish. My friends from Hawley graduated their all-state pitcher, ss and big hitting outfielder so #3 might be a bit high. Archer City graduated their pitcher and two big power hitters so they will be good but will truly missed those three players. I expect Windthorst to battle for a bid to state as they return the "entire" team (we had no seniors last year). Good hitting plus 1-2 combo on the mound should be tough to beat. Shiner and Harleton will be the teams to beat.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:03 am

I EXPECT TO SEE A CHANGE-UP SOON...

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Bearcat77 wrote:I EXPECT TO SEE A CHANGE-UP SOON...

Agreed. Softball tournaments are about to be in full swing so as teams turn in their results, I also expect to see changes in the poll, espcially if they take into consideration wins over 3A, 4A and 5A teams.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:54 am

ALSO IF AVAILABLE, DO GIVE SB SCORES HERE....

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:37 am

Burkburnett Tournament Results for 2A teams:

Hawley 1
Corsicana Mildred 6

Burk JV 13
Electra 6

WF City View 4
Seymour 3

Windthorst 4
Henrietta 3
Cy Schroeder 4-hitter

Windthorst 11
Nocona 1
Brooklyn King 1-hitter

BOWIE TOURNAMENT
Bowie 8
Petrolia 8

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:44 am

WindthorstDad wrote:Burkburnett Tournament Results for 2A teams:

Hawley 1
Corsicana Mildred 6

Burk JV 13
Electra 6

WF City View 4
Seymour 3

Windthorst 4
Henrietta 3
Cy Schroeder 4-hitter

Windthorst 11
Nocona 1
Brooklyn King 1-hitter

BOWIE TOURNAMENT
Bowie 8
Petrolia 8
...yes...thanks..

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Bearcat77 wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:Burkburnett Tournament Results for 2A teams:

Hawley 1
Corsicana Mildred 6

Burk JV 13
Electra 6

WF City View 4
Seymour 3

Windthorst 4
Henrietta 3
Cy Schroeder 4-hitter

Windthorst 11
Nocona 1
Brooklyn King 1-hitter

BOWIE TOURNAMENT
Bowie 8
Petrolia 8
...yes...thanks..

Hawley 4
Lubbock Monterey 6

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Windthorst 18 Alvord 0
Windthorst 4 Haskell 1

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:42 am

Archer City defeated Valley View Eagles 5 to 0 Saturday night at NCTC tournament
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:53 am

Other than an 8-8 Petrolia/3A Bowie tie, Region 1 District 8 teams: Windthorst, Archer City and Petrolia went undefeated in their tournaments this weekend. District 8 will be very competitive this year.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:10 am

Valley View has a solid team but very young. Have 5 freshman that start , Against Archer City Pitcher, catcher , 1sr base, center field & right field were all freshman. We should still have a shot at district this year!
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 am

Petrolia lost to Cleburne 1-7 and Pilot Point 8-10 on Saturday after beating Arlington Heights 11-4 and FW Southwest Christian 11-1 on Friday

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:31 am

Windthorstfan wrote:Petrolia lost to Cleburne 1-7 and Pilot Point 8-10 on Saturday after beating Arlington Heights 11-4 and FW Southwest Christian 11-1 on Friday

Odd, I didn't see those posted. Guess, I'll have to rely on game changer from now on to get accurate info.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:51 am

WindthorstDad wrote:Odd, I didn't see those posted. Guess, I'll have to rely on game changer from now on to get accurate info.

Games aren't on GC yet!! Just had the scores in the TRN yesterday and not linescores

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:57 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:Odd, I didn't see those posted. Guess, I'll have to rely on game changer from now on to get accurate info.

Games aren't on GC yet!! Just had the scores in the TRN yesterday and not linescores

I pulled some area scores, including Petrolia, from GC. However, I didn't see yesterday's paper.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:23 am

WindthorstDad wrote:Interesting, but these early polls are usually based off last year's finish. My friends from Hawley graduated their all-state pitcher, ss and big hitting outfielder so #3 might be a bit high. Archer City graduated their pitcher and two big power hitters so they will be good but will truly missed those three players. I expect Windthorst to battle for a bid to state as they return the "entire" team (we had no seniors last year). Good hitting plus 1-2 combo on the mound should be tough to beat. Shiner and Harleton will be the teams to beat.

AC will be right there. We could possibly be better, the corp of our team last yr was jrs, and sophs, year older and stronger and Lucido is back. The pitcher you refer to will be missed but don't underestimate our 2nd pitcher last yr she's good and very smart and has several pitches and a year stronger. We really won't miss much as far as the hitting had girls in the wing more than capable. I agree w/you on the poll thing but I have no problem w/us being a top 10. Also imo Maley Herring is possibly the best center fielder in the state in her classification. She's a stud. In the tourney this past weekend she made a catch maybe a half dozen center fielders could make, the girl can fly. She also bunted herself on, slapped on and one-hopped one to wall, she keeps that up she will be getting serious looks.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:10 am

acesfull wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:Interesting, but these early polls are usually based off last year's finish. My friends from Hawley graduated their all-state pitcher, ss and big hitting outfielder so #3 might be a bit high. Archer City graduated their pitcher and two big power hitters so they will be good but will truly missed those three players. I expect Windthorst to battle for a bid to state as they return the "entire" team (we had no seniors last year). Good hitting plus 1-2 combo on the mound should be tough to beat. Shiner and Harleton will be the teams to beat.

AC will be right there. We could possibly be better, the corp of our team last yr was jrs, and sophs, year older and stronger and Lucido is back. The pitcher you refer to will be missed but don't underestimate our 2nd pitcher last yr she's good and very smart and has several pitches and a year stronger. We really won't miss much as far as the hitting had girls in the wing more than capable. I agree w/you on the poll thing but I have no problem w/us being a top 10. Also imo Maley Herring is possibly the best center fielder in the state in her classification. She's a stud. In the tourney this past weekend she made a catch maybe a half dozen center fielders could make, the girl can fly. She also bunted herself on, slapped on and one-hopped one to wall, she keeps that up she will be getting serious looks.

I was pleasantly surprised to see AC get off to such a great start but kudos to those LadyCats. Sounds like they've moved on from the graduated players and kept on rolling. Lucido/Lopez make up a fast middle infield and yes, Maley was awesome last year. If you can continue to productive in the circle, then AC will be playing deep in the playoffs once again. Looking forward to our games!

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:07 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:
acesfull wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised to see AC get off to such a great start but kudos to those LadyCats. Sounds like they've moved on from the graduated players and kept on rolling. Lucido/Lopez make up a fast middle infield and yes, Maley was awesome last year. If you can continue to productive in the circle, then AC will be playing deep in the playoffs once again. Looking forward to our games!

Next 2 yrs we should be solid, then it will get to a pitching issue but i believe we have a fire baller coming that's a 7th grader who would be a freshman when the corp group is gone.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Same with us; we're strong in the circle next two years, then I'm not sure but typically someone steps up.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:22 pm

acesfull wrote:

"In the tourney this past weekend she made a catch maybe a half dozen center fielders could make,"

She made a great catch off of us .. basically stole an extra base hit off of us.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:43 am

Pigskin Swammy wrote:
acesfull wrote:

"In the tourney this past weekend she made a catch maybe a half dozen center fielders could make,"

She made a great catch off of us .. basically stole an extra base hit off of us.

Pigskin, to top it all off she's one of the best young ladies you'd ever meet, a true team player. And as nice as she is she is very intense. And oh yeah could possibly be our valedictorian or salutatorian in 2017.

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:44 am

tired of waiting for ejhartvb@yahoo.com to put out a newer ranking....he stated "shall be out Tuesday! x( !"

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:48 pm

"Due to a technical error on my part we did not get a poll out last week, my apologies but we are back on track, also need coaching win totals. Thank you, Butch Hart."
TGCA Editor in Chief
Sports Polls

http://www.austintgca.com/softball/polls.html

Return to “Texas Softball”