New Basketball Coach at Windthorst

Hitting the gym Baby!!!
WindthorstDad

New Basketball Coach at Windthorst

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I realize football is in full swing but wanted to say after several disappointing seasons of Windthorst Boys Basketball, I'm happy to see a new face coaching our boys. Joe Rackley was hired from Alvord and will take over the hoops duties this season. With several good shooters returning, I'm hopeful for a different look on the court and success this season for the Trojans.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

lynx

Re: New Basketball Coach at Windthorst

Postby lynx » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Good for you guys at Windy...hoops gets overlooked sometimes and it's good to get a quality coach as well. Good luck

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

In Windthorst for the guys basketball takes up the time between football and baseball. We haven't won a playoff game since '96. Only won district once since then and that was in 2006. That might also be the last time we made the playoffs. We have some good, young basketball players that should challenge but time will tell.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:42 am

I am sorry that Sundown ended out football playoff run but I am excited for this year's basketball team under new coach Joe Rackley so bring on some HOOPS!

Windthorst JV and Varsity travel to Holliday for our first varsity action tonight. The boys and girls have only one practice under their belts but I expect a great effort.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:57 pm

This will be Anderson's last year to coach the Boys in Seymour I believe. He took the Elementary Principal job.

Won't find many coaches with more wins at the 1A level across the state than Anderson during his run. I loved playing for him, sad to see him go. Afraid of what could replace him....

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:06 am

hardrockers wrote:This will be Anderson's last year to coach the Boys in Seymour I believe. He took the Elementary Principal job.

Won't find many coaches with more wins at the 1A level across the state than Anderson during his run. I loved playing for him, sad to see him go. Afraid of what could replace him....

I had a man crush on Anderson and have told him so!!! Love the way he ran his program from JH to Varsity, always coaching trying to get the kids to do it correctly whether it was a tight ballgame or yall were up by 20. Don't let bad habits get started.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Exactly. He ran a program the way it should be run.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Munday visits Windthorst tonight. I realize Munday graduated nearly everyone except LJ Collier who plays physical. Speaking of physical, LJ is 6'4 245" and goes up against Zack George 6'6" 200. George is leading Windthorst with a ton of blocks already ready this year and his reach may hamper Munday in the paint. Logan Veitenheimer is nearly averaging three 3-pointers a game and Chandler King averages 13 points per game the past five games. I expect this to be a physical game all around with the team controlling the boards winning the game. If you're in the area, come on by and see a good game.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Good game with Munday pulling it out in the end 54-53. I saw much improvement by the Trojans who are actually running plays and playing defense instead of just using random uncontrolled, crashing drives to the basket. Plays were run with better screens and the open man found often and the Trojans hit the boards much better than years past. Big improvement on defense as Zack George, Kaleb Gresham and Chandler King combined to hold LJ Collier from ruling the boards and paint. LJ was tough though and played very well scoring 29 points this game. Windthorst was led by Chandler King with 17 points and Zack George with 11 points and Logan Veitenheimer with 10 points. I'm hoping this effort is the another in a line of improvements yet to come from the Windthorst boys basketball program. Go Trojans.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 am

Girls district basketball started last Friday and our #16 ranked Trojannettes defeated Petrolia for their first district win.

Boys district play begins tomorrow and the Trojans host the Olney Cubs.

Return to “Texas Basketball”