stamford vs hawley

dripdrop
Users

stamford vs hawley

Post by dripdrop »

will be at the Albany game,but keeping an eye on this one,Stamford undefeated with a weak schedule,Hawley defending state champs,I think Hawley takes this by at least 14
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Re: stamford vs hawley

Post by HawleyRocks »

Hawley Wins 34 to 30.... WOW, what an ugly ugly win but the Bearcats get the win !!!!
Hawley Bearcats
2A D1 State Champions 2022-2023
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Wow!
All Stamford had to do was run the ball on third down and pretty much run out the clock.
That’s how my pickem has went all year. I pick the one team nobody picks and they lose in the final minutes of the game. 😂
Well maybe we will see a Tolar / Hawley game this year.
I don’t see anyone in our region beating them.
dripdrop
Users

Post by dripdrop »

closer game than I thought it would be,is Stamford that good? or bad night for Hawley?
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

dripdrop wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:11 pm closer game than I thought it would be,is Stamford that good? or bad night for Hawley?
Hawley played an absolutely terrible game, lots of penalties and lots of missed passes and other opportunities. I did not mention anything as I do not ever want to scout the team so to speak, but our quarterback got hurt last week at the Onley game. He was horse-collared really badly and his plant foot was injured and was in a boot all week and it clearly caused him a lot of problems in this game. We got the win, it was ugly, but sometimes you have to win ugly and at the end of the day, a win is a win... That's all that mattered.

But I will say Stamford has a good football team, that quarterback is very good with lots of talent, and their entire backfield is very fast. They had some key turnovers and while we did not take advantage of all of them, we did cash some of them in.

I know it will be good to get another week of rest for our quarterback, which will help us going into Cisco next week. We are in the driver's seat to win the district championship for the seventh year in a row.... Go Bearcats !!!!
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
dripdrop
Users

Post by dripdrop »

thanks for the update
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

Okay, here it is... 4th and long with time running out in the game. Hawley's Keagan Ables throws to little brother Camden Ables for the win... By my count, he broke 5 tackles....

Check this out....

https://fb.watch/nY_cMhSSN-/
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

If you cannot see it on the Facebook page, you can see it on the Game of the week section on Big Country Preps if you are a member...

This link shows the whole last drive of Hawley to win it as filmed on Hudl by my oldest son "Dirtysims".... Nice work....

https://bigcountrypreps.com/2023/10/28/ ... at-hawley/
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962