2021 2A TexasFootball.com Top Tens (PreSeason)

Razorback
Boss Hawg

2021 2A TexasFootball.com Top Tens (PreSeason)

Post by Razorback »

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
DIV 1

1. Shiner
2. Refugio
3. Cisco
4. Crawford
5. Timpson
6. Hawley
7. Garrison
8. Joaquin
9. Lindsay
10. New Deal

DIV 2

1. Windthorst
2. Mart
3. Falls City
4. Wellington
5. Muenster
6. Albany
7. Stratford
8. Christoval
9. Tenaha
10. Wink
Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

Re: 2021 2A TexasFootball.com Top Tens (PreSeason)

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

I like those picks
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022
TroRAntelope
Ambassador Region 1

Post by TroRAntelope »

Windthorst lost a lot... from a very special team. I think DCTF is overrating them, and darned sure don't think they will be a Semifinal type team at the end of the season. I'd love, love, love to be wrong; but someone please tell me what I'm missing.

There's a solid chance they don't even win their District, much less earn that #1 spot in the state.
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

Punchers are still rebuilding. Need to be creative this year. But that’s what good coaching is - using what you’ve got rather than what you wish you had.

BTW, our freshman at TCU made the 80 man roster for fall camp. Pretty good for a PWO competing against three, four, and five stars, transfers, and returning squads men.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

PurplePunch wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:04 pm BTW, our freshman at TCU made the 80 man roster for fall camp. Pretty good for a PWO competing against three, four, and five stars, transfers, and returning squads men.
80 man roster? Maybe in the NFL, in college, it's typically a 110 man roster but this year any "super seniors" don't count against that number. I know Nebraksa has 116 in their fall camp. Nonetheless, congrats to the young man.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

TroRAntelope wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:53 am Windthorst lost a lot... from a very special team. I think DCTF is overrating them, and darned sure don't think they will be a Semifinal type team at the end of the season. I'd love, love, love to be wrong; but someone please tell me what I'm missing.

There's a solid chance they don't even win their District, much less earn that #1 spot in the state.

With 7/5 coming back and how those big ol boys are grown in Windthorst I wanted to let them hold the #1 spot until someone knocks them off. I know the sate winner doesn't always come back as #1 the next year, but something told me that those Trojans are going to be there at the end of the year.

But I have been wrong before....
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

TroRAntelope wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:53 am Windthorst lost a lot... from a very special team. I think DCTF is overrating them, and darned sure don't think they will be a Semifinal type team at the end of the season. I'd love, love, love to be wrong; but someone please tell me what I'm missing.

1. Coaching - IMO we have the best coaching staff at the 2A level.
2. Size and strength - OL averages 230 pounds, athletic kids not "sloppy" weight, at the end of last school year line averaged 250 on the bench press, squat average was around 350. I haven't seen new numbers following off-season program but would expect them to be higher.
3. Overall Team speed - no we aren't going to be in Austin competing for State Track Titles but I think this will be one of our quicker teams
4. Kids Buy-in / believing etc

Our defense is still going to be stout and if we score enough points we are going to be ok. We will be a tough out come playoff time.
TroRAntelope
Ambassador Region 1

Post by TroRAntelope »

Not going to argue with any of those points. #1 &4 are huge.

I still say look at the plays made by the guys who graduated, in key moments, when it was "do or die." Those guys did it repeatedly.

If you say they have "next man up" with regard to playmaking ability and that "it" factor, then I'll concede the point. I feel like what graduated will be very, very difficult to replace/ duplicate. like I said initially, I'd love to 1000% be proven wrong...
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

Windthorstfan wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 am
PurplePunch wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:04 pm BTW, our freshman at TCU made the 80 man roster for fall camp. Pretty good for a PWO competing against three, four, and five stars, transfers, and returning squads men.
80 man roster? Maybe in the NFL, in college, it's typically a 110 man roster but this year any "super seniors" don't count against that number. I know Nebraksa has 116 in their fall camp. Nonetheless, congrats to the young man.
Oh, they have 105 or so, but Coach P let them know that the top 80 are getting the reps. Our kid, Matthew Kerr, measured 6’4” 211 and is starting on kickoff and KO receiving teams. He’s a backup SS after Coach moved him to defense.
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

Windthorstfan wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 am
Oh, they have 105 or so, but Coach P let them know that the top 80 are getting the reps. Our kid, Matthew Kerr, measured 6’4” 211 and is starting on kickoff and KO receiving teams. He’s a backup SS after Coach moved him to defense.