Covid at it again

Razorback
Boss Hawg

Covid at it again

Post by Razorback »

1A Div. 2 State Championship game postponed.....

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2 ... review_img
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Re: Covid at it again

Post by ganadofan1 »

I know Refugio went to distance learning for at least a week after their loss to Shiner. Ganado went to distance learning after their loss to Refugio. I wonder if this would have happened if the football team was still in the playoffs for either team?
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

I think a lot of teams mysteriously got sick after they were out of the playoffs. But Man I would hate to get kicked out of the playoffs because of a virus.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

Razorback wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:39 am I think a lot of teams mysteriously got sick after they were out of the playoffs. But Man I would hate to get kicked out of the playoffs because of a virus.
I agree. Luckily if you are in the state championship, they give you 1 month to play the game so it would be hard not to get the game. That's the only round where you can afford to sit out or delay the game and not forfeit.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

I got my mother in law signed up for the vaccine and my mom has had both doses already. I'm a little on the fence about getting it but it seems like it will be a good idea.

I know some people very close to me and friends of the wife that have nerve damage in the face, legs, loss of hearing, etc. This thing may not kill you but there are other possibilities.

Have any of you been vaccinated and what's your opinion about it?
retchbh
Users

Post by retchbh »

I have had both doses of the Moderna vaccine. I have had a sore spot at the site of the vaccination. The sore spot lasted 2 or 3 days and then it was gone. My wife took the two doses at the same time and that was the only reaction she had as well. Just a sore spot about the size of a quarter. Gone in a couple of days. I think that is a whole lot better than getting the coronavirus.
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

I donate platelets about every 2 weeks at Texas Blood Institute in Wichita Falls. They started testing for Covid antibodies in June. I tested positive for the antibodies in June but never had gotten sick. They told me that the body sheds the antibodies after about 3 months. In July I tested negative for the antibodies and continued negative till the last Sunday in December when I was positive again for the antibodies and also the 3 times I donated this year. Never was sick. I would think the blood test would be more accurate than a swab up your nose. Not real sure if I got a weak strain of Covid or my immune system is super strong. At this rime I am NOT planning to take the vaccine.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Cottontop wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:51 am I donate platelets about every 2 weeks at Texas Blood Institute in Wichita Falls. They started testing for Covid antibodies in June. I tested positive for the antibodies in June but never had gotten sick. They told me that the body sheds the antibodies after about 3 months. In July I tested negative for the antibodies and continued negative till the last Sunday in December when I was positive again for the antibodies and also the 3 times I donated this year. Never was sick. I would think the blood test would be more accurate than a swab up your nose. Not real sure if I got a weak strain of Covid or my immune system is super strong. At this rime I am NOT planning to take the vaccine.
Did you go to the State game?!!! I donated last month will be interesting to see my antibody status as I was positive after my donation in December.

My sister-in-law is a pharmacist and they had "spare" vaccines so I was able to get the shot. I did have Covid and had mild side effects. Figured I might as might as well take it as everyone else in the house did as my in-laws are 94 and 83.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

Well last week I had the second shot last Tuesday and was feeling crappy the rest of the week. Headache and my eyes felt like i had sand or glass in them. Arm felt like I took a foul ball off of my arm. I think it was last Tuesday, my days are mixing all up LOL. I did read that having Covid in the past can make the side effects worse, so I guess having it twice before didn't help.
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Windthorstfan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:26 am
Cottontop wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:51 am I donate platelets about every 2 weeks at Texas Blood Institute in Wichita Falls. They started testing for Covid antibodies in June. I tested positive for the antibodies in June but never had gotten sick. They told me that the body sheds the antibodies after about 3 months. In July I tested negative for the antibodies and continued negative till the last Sunday in December when I was positive again for the antibodies and also the 3 times I donated this year. Never was sick. I would think the blood test would be more accurate than a swab up your nose. Not real sure if I got a weak strain of Covid or my immune system is super strong. At this rime I am NOT planning to take the vaccine.
Did you go to the State game?!!! I donated last month will be interesting to see my antibody status as I was positive after my donation in December.

My sister-in-law is a pharmacist and they had "spare" vaccines so I was able to get the shot. I did have Covid and had mild side effects. Figured I might as might as well take it as everyone else in the house did as my in-laws are 94 and 83.
Yes I was at the State game. I was negative on 12/13/20 but positive for the antibodies on 12/27/20. Positive for the antibodies on 1/10/21, 1/2421 and 2/28/21. I hope id I gave someone Covid, it was my very mild case.